SmartTrader Trading Rooms are designed to provide an interactive outlet for traders to connect with others around the globe, share ideas, and learn trading strategies, market opportunities and more. It’s important to us that a safe space is maintained for you and other traders at all times and that the conversations and content shared inside each trading room is positive, productive and relevant to the trading room topic. By participating in the trading rooms, you are agreeing to abide by all rules as listed below. All rules are strictly enforced.
Trading Room Chats ARE:
- A healthy exchange of discussion and debate relating to trading, market opportunities and other trading room topics.
- A chance to empower, inspire and grow with other traders
Trading Room Chats ARE NOT:
- For commercial use, such as soliciting outside companies, products, or services (please refer to the Non-Solicitation Policy)
- A forum for technical support
- A forum to vent or post negative comments
- A place to solicit individual trading advice
Trading Room Terms of Service
- Respect your fellow traders. Respond honestly, but thoughtfully and respectfully. Use language which others will not consider defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, or illegal. NO swearing or vulgarity.
- Keep conversations and shared images on topic. Do not post material that could be considered offensive, inappropriate or unrelated to the trading room topic.
- Do not post material that is protected by copyright – unless you are the copyright holder or have the author’s permission. Posting of small excerpts is generally allowed.
- Do not solicit business from traders. Unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, unaffiliated with SmartTrader are not permitted. See our Non-Solicitation Policy.
- Be considerate of other traders’ safety. Do not post, email or otherwise distribute material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed to interrupt or destroy the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- Take personal account inquiries offline. Use caution when including personal contact information in the chat, as it may be vulnerable to spam or negative Web practices. Understand that SmartTrader cannot protect the privacy of any personal information posted in the chats. Any comments regarding your personal account, including billing, are to be taken to the SmartTrader support team.
Violation of Trading Room Community Rules
Any trader who violates the SmartTrader Trading Room Terms of Service, Legal Disclaimers, etiquette requirements or other related SmartTrader policies will be subject to the following process:
- The trading room Moderator will contact the trader as to the inappropriate nature of the comment, image or video. This may lead to being denied further access to trading rooms.
- A second violation, or failure to make the necessary changes, the trader will be notified that any future inappropriate postings will result in their trading room access being removed.
- In the event of a third violation, the trading room Moderator will review the violations and make a final decision regarding the trader’s posting privileges, and said trader will be notified of any decision to remove trading room access.
If you break a rule or guideline, then you will either be warned or banned from the use of trading rooms. A ban of your user account in the trading rooms may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any chat as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Trading Room Chat Etiquette and Guidelines
Please follow these simple netiquette guidelines in all of your chats and responses:
- Make sure your chats are specific to the markets and/or the trading room! We encourage you to share knowledge and trade ideas. Please use trading rooms to help your SmartTrader peers with best practices, resources and overall guidance.
- Read through your entry before posting, checking for typos and grammatical errors. This will help decrease chances of other traders misconstruing your entry.
- Keep your posts as clear and brief as possible – some traders (and instructors) may have limited time for reading entries, so try keeping them succinct and to the point! Be prepared to clarify statements which might be misunderstood or misinterpreted by others.
- If you have a question for the trading room host, be sure to place a “?” at the end so that it alerts that host.
- Posing the same question or topic more than once, immediately following – is considered “Spamming” the trading room and doesn’t allow others to answer questions or ask additional information.
- Post screenshots or videos that are relevant with file sizes below 500MB. Each trading room is different when it comes to images and charting screenshots. Traders are encouraged to post images along with their analysis and to allow the community and instructors to comment on their analysis.
- Take unrelated or general questions offline. Any questions or comments regarding your account, trading rooms schedules or general information are to be followed up by contacting SmartTrader support.
To avoid disruption of business operations or disturbance of faculty, staff, visitors, and traders,
SmartTrader. has implemented a Non-Solicitation Policy. The Non-Solicitation Policy, “Solicitation” (or “Soliciting”) shall include,canvassing, soliciting or seeking to obtain membership in or support for any organization, requesting contributions, and the like of any kind using SmartTrader resources (including bulletin boards, computers, mail, email and telecommunication systems, photocopiers, and telephone lists and databases).
The Non-Solicitation Policy also includes “Commercial Solicitation,” meaning peddling or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods and services for sale or purchase, distributing advertising materials, circulars or product samples, or engaging in any other conduct relating to any outside business interests or for profit or personal economic benefit using SmartTrader resources. Solicitation and Commercial Solicitation performed through verbal, written, or electronic means, are covered by the Non-Solicitation Policy. Items to be distributed or offered for sale, which contain SmartTrader trademarks, names (including building names) or design elements (T-shirts, posters, etc.), must be approved by SmartTrader.
By participating in the Education Forums, participant acknowledges and understands that no “safe” trading system has ever been devised, and that no one can guarantee profits or freedom from loss. In fact, no one can ever guarantee to limit the extent of potential loss. While the techniques used in determining the trades, have been developed in good faith, there is no assurance that those same techniques will produce profitable trading results in the future. It is a fact that trading results can and do vary among individuals. The participant acknowledges that they understand and are in full control of each and every trade they make, and are free to follow the same trades we see at their own risk. Therefore, a person who cannot afford to lose the speculative risk capital designated for trading should not trade in the markets.
Participant agrees that anytime during the term of service or at anytime thereafter, participant will not disclose any information disclosed to them from the use of the service to any person or corporation or other entity without the written consent of SmartTrader.
Participant agrees that on behalf of or in conjunction with others will not compete with the business of the company, or have any interest in such business enterprise which shall be engaged in competition, as proprietor, partner, employee, shareholder, principal, agent, consultant, director, officer, or in any capacity or manner whatsoever, anywhere. Participant agrees not to lend money to any persons for the reason of creating a service that competes with the company.
By accessing our website and interacting with participants/employees by leaving comments/posts/questions (“Testimonials”) you are giving your consent for SmartTrader (“SmartTrader”) to use these Testimonials in connection with publicizing and promoting SmartTrader, its products and/or services, or for any other lawful purpose. This consent includes allowing sellers authorized by SmartTrader to use your testimonial in the same manner as described. Your Testimonial may be used in printed publications, multimedia presentations, on websites or in any other distribution media. Specifically, your consent is authorizing SmartTrader to use your name or user name and the Testimonial, as indicated by you in your interaction with the website, without prior notice to you or compensation and you agree to hold harmless and release SmartTrader from any and all claims, including monetary claims, demands, and causes of action which you or any other person acting on your behalf may have by reason of this consent.
In the event that SmartTrader or their representatives are required to retain an attorney to enforce this agreement, they shall be entitled to recovery of reasonable attorneys fees and all expenses associated with any litigation. The participant agrees that by entering and utilizing the services, he or she agrees and understands the above agreement, risks and disclaimers. This Terms of Service and Statement of Risk Disclaimer has been written for the protection of both parties.
SmartTrader and its representatives are currently not registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission or the National Futures association in any capacity, whether as a Commodity Trading Adviser or otherwise.
The content on this website is subject to change at any time without notice.